From: Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Signing everything, for fun and for profit
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 16:23:56
1 On 19/05/06, John Myers <electronerd@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Friday 19 May 2006 08:17, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
3 > >
4 > > We do? What option to emerge enables this behaviour?
5 > RSYNC_EXCLUDES is the name, IIRC...
6
7 Well, that would be incompatible with a single signature. I don't
8 really see that point, but then I've been spoiled with broadband for
9 years. Do we really have many users on dialup that it would
10 inconvenience? Surely the massive size of the distfiles you have to
11 download makes the impact of rsyncing the portage tree negligible
12 compared to actually fetching everything you want to install?
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list