From: John Myers <electronerd@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Signing everything, for fun and for profit
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:41:09
1 On Friday 19 May 2006 08:17, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
2 > On 19/05/06, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Chris Bainbridge wrote:
4 > > > It is a single signature across the entire portage tree. It means that
5 > > > after rsync emerge can check the signature against the retrieved tree
6 > > > to validate the whole tree (or overlay).
7 > >
8 > > This idea has been brought up before and shot down. Signing the whole
9 > > tree does not work, since we allow users to only sync parts of the tree.
10 >
11 > We do? What option to emerge enables this behaviour?
12 RSYNC_EXCLUDES is the name, IIRC...
13 --
14 #
15 # electronerd, the electronerdian from electronerdia
16 #