From: waltdnes@××××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What is the procedure for requesting a new eselect module?
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 15:12:47
1 On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 04:17:06PM +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote
2 > >>>>> On Mon, 9 May 2016, waltdnes wrote:
3 >
4 > > I've cobbled together a bash script that resembles an eselect
5 > > module, to list/set cpu speeds on my netbook and notebook. It may be
6 > > useful to a lot of other people. The script is a bit ugly looking,
7 > > but it has done the job for me for several months. Some may prefer
8 > > to treat it as "proof of concept" and do a re-write in python or C
9 > > or whatever. Given its function, it seems logical to make it an
10 > > eselect module. Anyhow, what is the procedure to follow up this
11 > > idea?
12 >
13 > We have a developer guide:
14 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Eselect/Developer_guide
15
16 Thanks for the pointer. I see that modules are stored in directory
17 /usr/share/eselect/modules/ with a ".eselect" extension. Nice to have
18 a bunch of working examples. I'll modify my script to module format.
19
20 Should I email you offline when I'm finished? One
21 cpu-governor-related question, is there any real difference between...
22
23 "powersave" governor versus
24 "userspace" mode with the lowest speed selected?
25
26 Similarly is there any real difference between...
27
28 "performance" governor versus
29 "userspace" mode with the highest speed selected?
32 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
33 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications