From: Wilbert Berendsen <wilbert@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo kernel setup question
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:42:14
1 Op dinsdag 17 september 2002 09:17, schreef Henti Smith:
2 > Hi there :)
3 >
4 > Just a quick question regarding the include files for linux kernel on
5 > gentoo.
6 >
7 > I see as with most distro's there is a header and source install (emerge)
8 > so when I update to the latest source ... does this update the headers as
9 > well ?
10 >
11 > I'm asking this as I saw that /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm is
12 > actual directories. I usually soft link /usr/include/linux to
13 > /usr/src/linux/include/linux and /usr/include/asm to
14 > /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 and since /usr/src/linux is linked to
15 > current kernel .. I always have my running kernel headers for everything
16 > else ?
17 >
18 > Is this a bad way of doing things ...
19 >
20 > comments ?
21
22 According to Linus (dont have a link handy right now) /usr/include/linux and
23 asm should'nt be symlinked anymore, but just contain the headers that were
24 used there when compiling glibc.
25
26 Bye,
27 Wilbert
30 Wilbert Berendsen (http://www.xs4all.nl/~wbsoft/)
31 !! Please help ending Death-by-Stoning Sentences
32 !! http://www.mertonai.org/amina/OpenLetter.htm