From: Henti Smith <bain@××××××.org>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo kernel setup question
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:19:16
1 Hi there :)
2
3 Just a quick question regarding the include files for linux kernel on gentoo.
4
5 I see as with most distro's there is a header and source install (emerge)
6 so when I update to the latest source ... does this update the headers as well ?
7
8 I'm asking this as I saw that /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm is actual directories.
9 I usually soft link /usr/include/linux to /usr/src/linux/include/linux and /usr/include/asm to /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386
10 and since /usr/src/linux is linked to current kernel .. I always have my running kernel headers for everything else ?
11
12 Is this a bad way of doing things ...
13
14 comments ?
15
16 Henti Smith