From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 23:12:23
1 On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> qt is a pretty significant package to have break with multilib, and
5 >> trying to run qt-5 on a stable system is already a nightmare with the
6 >> qtchooser switch (in my case I ended up abandoning qt5 as I didn't
7 >> need it that badly).
8 >
9 > I'm not sure how qt5 is relevant to this discussion.
12 As I understand it, qt5 cannot be installed side-by-side with the
13 current stable qt4, but it can be installed side-by-side with 4.8.6.
14 My understanding is that this is the result of the same overall
15 ebuild/eclass changes. Therefore, it is another reason to stabilize
16 4.8.6. You are correct that it has nothing to do with the multilib
17 changes otherwise.
20 Rich