From: Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 01:32:26
1 On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 1:12 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Davide Pesavento <pesa@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> qt is a pretty significant package to have break with multilib, and
6 >>> trying to run qt-5 on a stable system is already a nightmare with the
7 >>> qtchooser switch (in my case I ended up abandoning qt5 as I didn't
8 >>> need it that badly).
9 >>
10 >> I'm not sure how qt5 is relevant to this discussion.
13 > As I understand it, qt5 cannot be installed side-by-side with the
14 > current stable qt4, but it can be installed side-by-side with 4.8.6.
15 > My understanding is that this is the result of the same overall
16 > ebuild/eclass changes. Therefore, it is another reason to stabilize
17 > 4.8.6. You are correct that it has nothing to do with the multilib
18 > changes otherwise.
21 Your understanding is correct, and I agree it is indeed another reason
22 to stabilize 4.8.6. Thanks for clarifying.
23
24 Regards,
25 Davide