From: gentoo-user@××××××××.net
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A new category scheme idea
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 05:48:13
1 On 4 Feb 2002, Vitaly Kushneriuk wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 13:25, gentoo-user@××××××××.net wrote:
4
5 > Just an idea:
6 > to simplify it we can have *optional* KEYWORDS="xxx yyy" in
7 > ebuild file, and "emerge --update-keywords" command to
8 > scan through available ebuilds and dump their names to apropriate files
9 > under /usr/portage/keywords
10 > i.e. if in dev-lang/python-2.1.1-r3.ebuild, there's
11 > KEYWORD="DEVELOPMENT PYTHON COMPILER"
12 > dev-lang/python-2.1.1-r3 will be appended to
13 > /usr/portage/keywords/{DEVELOPMENT,PYTHON,COMPILER}
16 Slick idea, I don't know whether we want categories or keywords, but it
17 basically comes down on the same thing. But you're right that's the way to
18 do it with the least amount of maintenance.
19
20 Paul
23 ___
24 /~~~\ | Paul de Vrieze
25 | O-O | | Student of information management and technology
26 | _ | | Mail: Paul@××××××××.net
27 \___/ | Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net