From: konsolebox <konsolebox@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What are eblits?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 14:27:37
1 On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > That said, its a very confusing system to get your head around,
3 > because its *basically* yet another "mixin" system like "inherit", but
4 > done in bash, which itself is a rather strange language to be doing
5 > something as complicated as mixins.
6
7 This concept is new to me as well, but after seeing the code with `cat
8 /usr/portage/sys-libs/glibc/glibc-2.17.ebuild` it didn't even take me
9 5 or 10 minutes to understand it. I find the implementation safe
10 enough if used properly. The core functions also seem stable, besides
11 some parts which aren't quoted, although commonly normal in ebuilds.
12 This is all about loading common functions to your ebuilds, and
13 there's nothing really dangerous in it.
16 konsolebox