From: "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: FHS or not (WAS: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11)
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 06:25:27
1 On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 07:20:24AM +0200, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > If only Portage had supported checking if files from /usr were used by
3 > files installed to /
4 > Hard to create check for every case, but something like libraries and NEEDED
5 > entries (bug 443590) would have been a start
6 > But there simply wasn't enough popular demand for sep. /usr, so nobody
7 > was willing to do the work
8
9 Actually when I proposed working on exactly that (twice), for both initramfs
10 and traditional usr setups, you and mgorny shouted me down, diverting it into
11 a discussion about how I was a "hater" for not seeing why I should change
12 anything on my systems.
13
14 That's why there was no demand: every halfway-sane proposal at collaboration
15 was turned into an insane argument. No-one with any self-respect would want
16 to collaborate with people who treat them like that.
17
18 Neat bit of revisionism though; I almost thought you cared about us old
19 fusties for a moment there.
22 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)