From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 22:33:02
1 On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:06:37PM +0100 or thereabouts, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > Well, CVS doesn't use neither yyyy-mm-dd nor the currently used
3 > format, so the conversion must be done in a commit-hook or
4 > similar.
5 >
6 > Perhaps our friendly neighbor Infra knows where this is done?
7
8 It just uses the standard $Date: $ CVS mojo. Nothing special going on
9 here. The format it generates is definitely machine parseable, though it
10 isn't internationalized.
11
12 If internationalization is a primary goal of the GLEP, then I'd suggest
13 simply changing the Last-Modified field to a manual one and having folks
14 input it directly. If the primary goal is simply to make sure machines can
15 parse the date, then I'd say it meets that goal already.
16
17 I'd really rather avoid using custom hooks or anything that hacks CVS at
18 all. It's our most critical application, so we try to be extra cautious
19 about making changes that aren't absolutely necessary.
20
21 If there's another way to do this (i.e. manual entry) then I'd rather go
22 that route and see how it works before looking at hacking on cvs.
23
24 --kurt