From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 3's default src_install needs bikeshedding
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:20:44
1 On Monday March 30 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > It, along with the half dozen other variants floating around, are good
4 > starting points, but we need a final solution.
7 Yet another one: how about building/installing the documentation into
8 two separate functions doc_compile and doc_install?
9
10 It's a bit of overtuning, but it could allow features such
11 re-installing package with switching the doc flag without
12 the need of re-compiling everything, and trivialize the src_install.
13
14 Going further, we could even define a USE-like variable such as
15 DOC, with a limited spectrum of values e.g. "api examples html pdf".
18 Sébastien