From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 3's default src_install needs bikeshedding
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:44:12
1 On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:33:48 +0200
2 Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
3 > Why do you want to force -j1 here?
4
5 Because any package using an old automake has a non-parallel-safe
6 install.
7
8 > And i had this proposal some months ago, which noone argued against
9 > any more
10
11 It, along with the half dozen other variants floating around, are good
12 starting points, but we need a final solution.
13
14 > if [ -f Makefile ] || [ -f GNUmakefile ] || [ -f makefile ];
15
16 Uh, yeah. I forgot about that bit. We need that.
17
18 > if [ -n "${DOCS}" ]; then
19 > dodoc ${DOCS} || die "dodoc failed"
20
21 Spaces... Also, the || die bit for EAPI 3 will be wrong.
22
23 > else
24 > for x in AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS README; do
25 > if [ -e ${x} ]; then
26
27 Is -e really better than -s?
30 Ciaran McCreesh