From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o, bazaar@g.o, robbat2@g.o, arfrever@g.o, sping@g.o, nelchael@××××××.ort, cvs-utils@g.o, djc@g.o, ricmm@g.o, gregkh@g.o, haskell@g.o, dev-tools@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New category for version control
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:35:53
1 On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:32:47 +0100
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > >>>>> On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
4 > > My proposal would be to call it dev-scm and put all version
5 > > controls, direct frontends, plugins and the like into that.
6 >
7 > Better call it dev-vcs to avoid confusion with both the Scheme
8 > language and with software configuration management.
9
10 And this is why the move wasn't done five years ago: by the time we'd
11 worked out everything we'd need to do by hand because epkgmove was
12 broken, the whole thing got bikeshedded to death.
15 Ciaran McCreesh