From: Alec Joseph Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] December 15th Meeting Summary
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:15:36
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:47:21 -0500
3 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
6 >>this months meeting wasnt too eventful, kind of quiet ... on the
7 >>agenda:
8 >>
9 >>- Marius: decision on multi-hash for Manifest1
10 >>there was a bit of hearsay about why the council was asked to
11 >>review/decide on this issue since we werent able to locate any
12 >>portage devs at the time of the meeting ...
15 > Well, it would help if the actual meeting date would be announced and
16 > not pushed back without notice ;)
19 >>so our decision comes with a slight caveat. assuming the reasons
20 >>our input was asked for was summarized in the e-mail originally
21 >>sent by Marius [1], then we're for what we dubbed option (2.5.1).
22 >>that is, the portage team should go ahead with portage 2.0.54 and
23 >>include support for SHA256/RMD160 hashes on top of MD5 hashes. SHA1
24 >>should not be included as having both SHA256/SHA1 is pointless.
27 > Ok, not a problem.
30 >>it was also noted that we should probably omit ChangeLog and
31 >>metadata.xml files from the current Manifest schema as digesting
32 >>them serves no real purpose.
35 > You're all aware that this would break <portage-2.0.51.20 (so any
36 > portage version older than 6 months)? Also while they don't affect the
37 > build process they contain important information and are/will be parsed
38 > by portage, so I'm not that comfortable with dropping also the option
39 > of verifying them permanently.
40 FYI, that version of portage is already broken by the virtuals glep
41 and X11's virtual/stuff so no harm there ;)
42
43 -Alec Warner (antarus)
44 --
45 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list