From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Did portage 2.1 change default use flags?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:06:20
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 14 June 2006 14:42, Alec Warner wrote:
3 >
4 >>* autouse (use.defaults) has been deprecated by specifying USE_ORDER in
5 >>make.defaults. Users may still turn this back on by specifying
6 >>USE_ORDER="env:pkg:conf:auto:defaults" in make.conf. Interested in
7 >>figuring out what use flags were turned off? Check out
8 >>/usr/portage/profiles/base/use.defaults and other use.defaults files
9 >>that correspond to your profile.
12 > I'm sorry, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. use.defaults hasn't been
13 > deprecated. The January GWN [1] specified this much more clearly. Also
14 > checking out the use.defaults files won't tell you what was turned off unless
15 > you have an old version to diff it against. 'emerge -uvpDN world' will,
16 > however.
17
18 No, we didn't change the use.defaults files at all, they are the same
19 and will stay the same for quite some time. However we no longer add
20 those use flags to the USE stack, ergo, look in use.defaults to see what
21 could be affecting you. I think people already know to use newuse to
22 see use flag changes, but this tells them why there are changes.
25 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20060116-newsletter.xml
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list