From: Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Did portage 2.1 change default use flags?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:35:45
1 On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:59:12 -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
2
3 > Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
4 >> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 14:42, Alec Warner wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>* autouse (use.defaults) has been deprecated by specifying USE_ORDER in
7 >>>make.defaults. Users may still turn this back on by specifying
8 >>>USE_ORDER="env:pkg:conf:auto:defaults" in make.conf. Interested in
9 >>>figuring out what use flags were turned off? Check out
10 >>>/usr/portage/profiles/base/use.defaults and other use.defaults files
11 >>>that correspond to your profile.
14 >> I'm sorry, but that doesn't make a lot of sense. use.defaults hasn't
15 >> been deprecated. The January GWN [1] specified this much more clearly.
16 >> Also checking out the use.defaults files won't tell you what was turned
17 >> off unless you have an old version to diff it against. 'emerge -uvpDN
18 >> world' will, however.
19 >
20 > No, we didn't change the use.defaults files at all, they are the same and
21 > will stay the same for quite some time. However we no longer add those
22 > use flags to the USE stack, ergo, look in use.defaults to see what could
23 > be affecting you. I think people already know to use newuse to see use
24 > flag changes, but this tells them why there are changes.
27 The use.default file in default-linux is now empty. The one in base gives
28 you nothing to compare it against. Was there another file you meant?
31 Peter
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list