From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-security] GLEP #14: security updates based on GLSA
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:03:45
1 On Friday 22 August 2003 20:45, James Harlow wrote:
2 > And lastly and cosmetically, dates are normally represented as a
3 > day/month/year structure. In the version element, I think that you
4
5 Well it depends on where you live, as I understand in the US the month is put
6 first. But I agree the current format (which appears to be seconds since
7 epoch) is a bit unclear.
8 I personally like the universal time format YYYYMMDD as it also automatically
9 sorts correctly and has no confusion on what is a mond and what a day.
10
11 Paul
14 Paul de Vrieze
15 Gentoo Developer