From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item for review: python-exec package move
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:15:29
1 On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Please review the following news item. I would prefer committing it
3 > as soon as I get an ACK from all the relevant parties since the issue
4 > is hitting users pretty hard.
5
6 LGTM.
7
8 I have two questions that should not block this news item from going live:
9
10 - I tend to upgrade with emerge -uavD --changed-use world, and this
11 didn't solve the blocker for me by itself. I had to emerge -C
12 python-exec, then run the upgrade to get it to work. Yet the news item
13 seems to state that -uD should have been enough.
14
15 - How come we did not think this news item was necessary before we did
16 the package move? Obviously everything would have been better had this
17 news item gone out with the package move, instead of one week later.
18
19 Cheers,
20
21 Dirkjan