From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: djc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item for review: python-exec package move
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:20:35
1 Dnia 2013-11-06, o godz. 18:14:57
2 Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Please review the following news item. I would prefer committing it
6 > > as soon as I get an ACK from all the relevant parties since the issue
7 > > is hitting users pretty hard.
8 >
9 > LGTM.
10 >
11 > I have two questions that should not block this news item from going live:
12 >
13 > - I tend to upgrade with emerge -uavD --changed-use world, and this
14 > didn't solve the blocker for me by itself. I had to emerge -C
15 > python-exec, then run the upgrade to get it to work. Yet the news item
16 > seems to state that -uD should have been enough.
17
18 Well, I have no idea why this happens for some people. Unless you were
19 playing with keywords, it simply should work.
20
21 > - How come we did not think this news item was necessary before we did
22 > the package move? Obviously everything would have been better had this
23 > news item gone out with the package move, instead of one week later.
24
25 I think we focused on my little testing that showed that portage can
26 handle blockers with '-uD' and assumed users will be able to understand
27 the blocker message.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny