From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item for review: python-exec package move
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 19:56:41
1 El mié, 06-11-2013 a las 18:20 +0100, Michał Górny escribió:
2 > Dnia 2013-11-06, o godz. 18:14:57
3 > Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 > > On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > Please review the following news item. I would prefer committing it
7 > > > as soon as I get an ACK from all the relevant parties since the issue
8 > > > is hitting users pretty hard.
9 > >
10 > > LGTM.
11 > >
12 > > I have two questions that should not block this news item from going live:
13 > >
14 > > - I tend to upgrade with emerge -uavD --changed-use world, and this
15 > > didn't solve the blocker for me by itself. I had to emerge -C
16 > > python-exec, then run the upgrade to get it to work. Yet the news item
17 > > seems to state that -uD should have been enough.
18 >
19 > Well, I have no idea why this happens for some people. Unless you were
20 > playing with keywords, it simply should work.
21 >
22 > > - How come we did not think this news item was necessary before we did
23 > > the package move? Obviously everything would have been better had this
24 > > news item gone out with the package move, instead of one week later.
25 >
26 > I think we focused on my little testing that showed that portage can
27 > handle blockers with '-uD' and assumed users will be able to understand
28 > the blocker message.
31 I have also had strange blockers, maybe due python-3.3 (but I have
32 unmasked it properly I think :/). I only could resolve it by installing:
33 dev-lang/python-exec-0.9999
34
35 I don't understand why 0.3.1 isn't enough :(