From: Ben Lutgens <lamer@g.o>
To: Jacob Perkins <jap1@××××××××××.ws>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new xvid ebuild
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:29:40
1 On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 07:03:51PM -0500, Jacob Perkins wrote:
2 >I'm trying to make an ebuild for the xvid encoding library, and it's my
3 >first one so I'm having a little trouble. It doesn't have a configure
4 >script and only has a Makefile that has it's own CFLAGS, prefix, etc.
5 >What kind of commands are available for setting the flags to those in
6 >make.conf?
7
8 use some sed mojo. from the exim ebuild:
9 sed -e "48i\CFLAGS=${CFLAGS}" src/EDITME > Local/Makefile
10
11 you can do
12 cat fileyouwannaedit | sed -e "s:stuff to change:new stuff:g" > fileyouwannaedit
13
14 or
15 cp fileyouwannaedit fileyouwannaedit.orig
16 sed -e "48i\CFLAGS=${CFLAGS}" fileyouwannaedit.orig > fileyouwannaedit
19 >Jacob
26 Ben Lutgens | http://cvs.gentoo.org/~lamer/
27 Random Gentoo Developer | http://www.gentoo.org/
28
29 "I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
30 Droids now do ya?"