From: Jacob Perkins <jap1@××××××××××.ws>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new xvid ebuild
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 09:41:16
1 Well, I couldn't really get sed to work, but I figured out how to do
2 with just a patch that comments out all the CFLAGS in the Makefile. One
3 thing, though, is that it wouldn't compile correctly unless I left in
4 the "CFLAGS += -DARCH_X86 -DLINUX" (it was just =, but I changed it to
5 += to include make.conf settings). Also in the Makefile is a "CC =
6 gcc". Is this really necessary? Without it, though, make just calls cc
7 instead of gcc.
8