From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dealing with GitHub Pull Requests the easy way
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 06:38:29
1 On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 08:29:49 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > How about Gentoo developers stopping to reuse things that have well-defined meaning for something completely different?
5
6 Patching the git tools to have a simple-to-use way to indicate the
7 equivalent metadata welcome ...
8
9 But like, you're either going to need to patch a lot of things in
10 non-standard ways, or make said feature only possible under repoman
11 ( which makes application of said feature impossible to use as part of
12 a git workflow, which makes using git pointless )
13
14 Its doable for Pram, but standardizing the feature across gentoo is hard.
15
16 Just see how consistent we're using "and we have a bug somewhere" for
17 how not having defacto tools changes how people (fail to) achieve
18 consistency.