From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: retirement@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Improve devaway system
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:21:29
1 On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 16:14, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > It seems to me that people paying less and less attention to devaway
3 > system[1]. As you may see yourselves, few of the entries are 2-3 year old. This
4 > either means that these devs are inactive since then or that they came back
5 > and just didn't bother updating their status. Is it possible for infra people
6 > to setup a script to notify the developer ( and CC the retirement alias )
7 > about an old devaway entry? This will help retirement team to track down
8 > inactive devs with ease. Furthermore having so many devs with away messages (
9 > where only part of the messages reflect the reality ) looks quite bad to
10 > community. I think that a simple script that will search all the devaway
11 > messages and collect those that are >60-90 days is not that difficult to get
12 > implemented. Does anybody have a better approach to deal with this?
13 >
14 > Thanks
15 >
16 > [1]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/roll-call/devaway.xml
17
18 Sounds good to me, but I'd actually be more interested in having
19 something the other way around; i.e. monitoring for activity in
20 commits, bugzilla, IRC and maybe the -dev mailing list to see if
21 people are still active and send them a message to encourage them to
22 set devaway if they haven't been active in, say, 15 days.
23
24 Cheers,
25
26 Dirkjan