From: expose@×××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:44:42
1 Am Mittwoch 14 März 2007 19:18 schrieb Mauricio Lima Pilla:
2 > We don't need to bother hunting all the contributions in all open-source
3 > projects to avoid them, as it would be much of a PITA. We can be selective
4 > and not accept code directly submitted by such users, which would clearly
5 > state that some developer is "persona non grata" in our project. I think
6 > the idea is more to prevent somebody that can be technically sound to
7 > poison the environment with their trolling.
8 Dont you already "clearly state the some developer is "persona non grata" in
9 out project" by taking the right to use the official communication channels
10 away from that person?
11
12 Why shouldnt Dev, who is a friend of xyz although xyz has been banned from all
13 official ways to submit code to the project, read one of xyz's patches, like
14 them, submit them to bugzilla or whatever, get others to like them too, and
15 have them added to the project?
16 You would require every developer to agree on never ever doing this.
17 And - i dont see why that argument of ciaran is bad (or at least not talked
18 about any further): What about security patches? It just wouldnt make any
19 sense.
20 If someone, although banned from all communication channels, gets his code
21 into gentoo, why not let it be - she/he had no chance to offend anyone, and
22 Gentoo wouldnt be dependent upon this person, as the developer who sends this
23 patch as his input will be the responsible person - and will be in trouble if
24 he doesnt understand the code himself or something similarly naive...
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list