From: Mauricio Lima Pilla <pilla@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:21:32
1 On Wednesday 14 March 2007 15:01:49 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > And if refusing to use code credited to that individual means that we
3 > can't use the linux kernel or bash?
4
5 We don't need to bother hunting all the contributions in all open-source
6 projects to avoid them, as it would be much of a PITA. We can be selective
7 and not accept code directly submitted by such users, which would clearly
8 state that some developer is "persona non grata" in our project. I think the
9 idea is more to prevent somebody that can be technically sound to poison the
10 environment with their trolling.
11
12 If the developer wanted to avoid us to use his code from other projects, he
13 should think about the licenses used on their submissions.
17 Mauricio Lima Pilla pilla@g.o
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list