From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About lafilefixer removal
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:58:11
1 05.06.2013 01:16, Samuli Suominen пишет:
2 > On 05/06/13 00:09, Pacho Ramos wrote:
3 >> It lacks a maintainer for a long time, also has some opened bugs and I
4 >> am unsure if it's still needed. I am not using it for months and never
5 >> saw any problem, also, portage fixes .la files by itself, and paludis
6 >> people don't approve lafilefixer.
7 >>
8 >> Do we still need it?
9 >
10 > +1 for dropping it as...
11 >
12 > - gentoo-x86/ has been massively cleaned up with punting of .la files
13 > - -Wl,--as-needed is enabled by default for ages
14 > - portage's own .la file fixing
15 > - emptying of some dependency_libs='' in tree
16 > - the 'coming' GNU gold linker being even more stricter than
17 > -Wl,--as-needed
18 > - majority of `lafilefixer` users propably emerged it by accident,
19 > thinking it's some magic bullet for their .la file problem, which it's not
22 I have masked it. And by the way, i have discovered installed
23 lafilefixer on one of my desktops(but not on servers), so yeah, probably
24 i forgot to unmerge it a long time ago ;-)
27 Best regards, Sergey Popov
28 Gentoo developer
29 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
30 Gentoo Qt project lead