From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 06:32:54
1 On Friday 01 December 2006 13:47, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Actually, we would have to review the process, since not everything that
3 > gets a security bug ends up with a GLSA. My current loose rule is that
4 > if it deserves a GLSA, then it deserves and update, but I don't know the
5 > exact criteria the security team uses to decide if something warrants a
6 > GLSA or not.
7 http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/vulnerability-policy.xml
8
9 For relation between severity level and GLSA publication see Dispatch.
10
11 Basically everything that ends up with Trivial severity level will NOT get a
12 GLSA and everything that ends up with Minor severity level will get a vote
13 from the Security team members. Two yes or no votes normally wins. Everything
14 else gets a GLSA.
15
16 Then you have to add in Security supported architectures, but that's really of
17 no concern to x86.
20 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
21 Gentoo Linux Security Team