From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:49:33
1 On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 07:22 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Steve Long wrote:
3 > >>> There'll always be GLSA's to respond to. That's another issue that
4 > >>> needs to be handled w/ a slow-moving tree. Are you going to restrict
5 > >>> changes in the slow-moving tree only to changes against a GLSA?
6 > >> That's what we've said.
7 > >>
8 > > I don't have a problem with this at all. The slow-moving tree isn't; it's a
9 > > release tree. The only question I have, which Stuart also mentioned, is
10 > > whether all security updates go thru the GLSA process.
11 >
12 > Are you asking if all security updates that are done to the release will have
13 > gone through the GLSA process? I'd say the answer is yes, since the only updates
14 > that will go in the release tree are security updates from GLSAs :P
15
16 Actually, we would have to review the process, since not everything that
17 gets a security bug ends up with a GLSA. My current loose rule is that
18 if it deserves a GLSA, then it deserves and update, but I don't know the
19 exact criteria the security team uses to decide if something warrants a
20 GLSA or not.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
25 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
26 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
27 Gentoo Foundation