From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:09:12
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 07:22 -0600, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
4 >> Steve Long wrote:
5 >> > The only question I have, which Stuart also
6 >> > mentioned, is whether all security updates go thru the GLSA process.
7 >>
8 >> Are you asking if all security updates that are done to the release will
9 >> have gone through the GLSA process? I'd say the answer is yes, since the
10 >> only updates that will go in the release tree are security updates from
11 >> GLSAs :P
12 >
13 > Actually, we would have to review the process, since not everything that
14 > gets a security bug ends up with a GLSA. My current loose rule is that
15 > if it deserves a GLSA, then it deserves and update, but I don't know the
16 > exact criteria the security team uses to decide if something warrants a
17 > GLSA or not.
18 >
19 Well, I'm guessing that the bugs are entered and reviewed as security bugs
20 on some system or another. If so, we can just get the basic list automated
21 to tie into a script collection.
22
23 Who would know what criteria the security people use?
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list