From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:28:08
1 Steve Long wrote:
2 >>> There'll always be GLSA's to respond to. That's another issue that
3 >>> needs to be handled w/ a slow-moving tree. Are you going to restrict
4 >>> changes in the slow-moving tree only to changes against a GLSA?
5 >> That's what we've said.
6 >>
7 > I don't have a problem with this at all. The slow-moving tree isn't; it's a
8 > release tree. The only question I have, which Stuart also mentioned, is
9 > whether all security updates go thru the GLSA process.
10
11 Are you asking if all security updates that are done to the release will have
12 gone through the GLSA process? I'd say the answer is yes, since the only updates
13 that will go in the release tree are security updates from GLSAs :P
16 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
17 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
18 Today's lesson in political correctness: "Go asphyxiate on a phallus"
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list