From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages with same name was -> Conversion of Emacs virtual packages
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 00:23:08
1 Quoting Mike Kelly <pioto@g.o>:
2
3 > On Thu, 17 May 2007 00:37:23 +0200
4 > Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o> wrote:
5 ...
6
7 >> > IMHO app-vim/ant should really be app-vim/vim-ant or something other
8 >> > than just ant.
9 >>
10 >> or app-vim/sudo-syntax and app-vim/ant-syntax as there already are a
11 >> number of ebuilds following that scheme...
12 >
13 > Well, sudo and ant aren't syntax plugins, so that wouldn't make any
14 > sense. Also, we're keeping the same names that the upstream script
15 > writers use, just as we do everywhere else in Gentoo. The whole point
16 > of having category names is so that we can have two packages w/ the
17 > same name and not have issues.
18
19 All this is so familiar... where have I heard that before?
20
21 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/27770/focus=27838
22
23 The thread is pretty long, but some of the issues of the current
24 thread have been covered in length there.
27 Georgi
28
30 This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list