From: Mike Kelly <pioto@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages with same name was -> Conversion of Emacs virtual packages
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 23:49:34
1 On Thu, 17 May 2007 00:37:23 +0200
2 Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > > It isn't different. That's the problem. If you have two packages
5 > > > with the same name, you have the same problem.
6 > >
7 > > On that note I would hope the vim/vi peeps would rename.
8 > > app-vim/ant
9 >
10 > and app-vim/sudo
11
12 That's getting the axe in a few weeks.
13
14 > > IMHO app-vim/ant should really be app-vim/vim-ant or something other
15 > > than just ant.
16 >
17 > or app-vim/sudo-syntax and app-vim/ant-syntax as there already are a
18 > number of ebuilds following that scheme...
19
20 Well, sudo and ant aren't syntax plugins, so that wouldn't make any
21 sense. Also, we're keeping the same names that the upstream script
22 writers use, just as we do everywhere else in Gentoo. The whole point
23 of having category names is so that we can have two packages w/ the
24 same name and not have issues.
27 Mike Kelly
28 --
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list