From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise thread -- a try of clarification
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 22:15:04
1 Hi Henrik,
2
3 On 6/8/06, Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o> wrote:
4 > While reading the policy above, I stumbled across this line:
5 >
6 > "Bug Tracking: bugs.g.o is the OneTrueBugTrackingSystem(tm), even for
7 > overlays."
8 >
9 > Could you please elaborate on this?
10
11 Sure ... in the discussion we had on -dev earlier in the year about
12 the overlays service, it was agreed that we wouldn't maintain separate
13 bug tracking systems for each overlay. All the bugs for each overlay
14 will go into bugs.gentoo.org.
15
16 This means that the following cycle can happen:
17
18 a) User A submits ebuild via bugzilla
19 b) Developer takes ebuild from bugzilla, and adds it to overlay for
20 testing & fixing
21 c) User B submits bug in bugzilla about the ebuild in the overlay
22
23 For example, we've been working that way in the webapps overlay for
24 some months now, and it's worked well for us (although we haven't been
25 using bugzilla until this week).
26
27 Hope that answers your question.
28