From: JP Sartre <jpsartre@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] DHCP
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 23:14:01
1 Hi all.. I may have spoken to a few of you in #gentoo regarding this, but I am really at a loss here. I realize there is no DHCP script as of yet with gentoo, but I have been unable to configure my network as a result. What would the procedure be for me to get my network up with dhcp? A binary of dhcp was kindly made for me, but I am at a loss as to what to do once I've pkmerged it..
2
3 Any way to incorporate pump in gentoo. It's by far the easiest I've heard. Anyhow, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
4
5 BTW, I have a cable modem with a dynamic IP if that helps..
6
7 JP