From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reply-To Munging [was Re: Re: baselayout-2 and volumes (raid, lvm, crypt, etc)]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:53:24
1 On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 06:11 +0100, Steve Long wrote:
2 > After all it's a dev list, and assumes more knowledge than the user m-l so
3 > asking people to use a client with Reply-To-List, iff they want to
4 > participate, isn't a big deal imo.
5
6 I agree 100%. The only list I would even consider using reply-to
7 munging on would be gentoo-user, and even then I would much prefer we do
8 like we do with *everything else* in Gentoo, and teach the user the
9 proper way to do things, rather than try to coddle them and allow them
10 to continue with poor practices. I tend to think that is one of the
11 great things about Gentoo, our ability to teach people how to think
12 differently and work differently.
13
14 Of course, it isn't my call. ;]
17 Chris Gianelloni
18 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
19 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
20 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
21 Gentoo Foundation