From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Reply-To Munging [was Re: Re: baselayout-2 and volumes (raid, lvm, crypt, etc)]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 05:32:15
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > Steve Long wrote:
3 >> But seriously.. why don't you guys switch off reply-to munging, already?!
4 >> http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_120444.xml
5 >
6 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~wolf31o2/xml/reply-to.xml for those of you that
7 > care.
8 >
9 Thank you.
10 "Some of the most popular mail clients in use do not support a Reply-To-List
11 function. This causes problems for the users of these clients and has
12 resulted in Reply-To munging being used to reduce complexity for these
13 users."
14
15 I'm more than happy to modify my client etc, but I still think it might be a
16 good idea for this list, to make it less likely that people will fire off
17 rapid replies in the heat of the moment. (Unlikely, I know.. ;) Or at least
18 that those replies will only be read by the other party, thus reducing the
19 noise in here.
20
21 After all it's a dev list, and assumes more knowledge than the user m-l so
22 asking people to use a client with Reply-To-List, iff they want to
23 participate, isn't a big deal imo.
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list