From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: moving OpenRC to a meson-based build
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 21:09:02
1 On 2017-01-30 14:04, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > I have opened an issue on OpenRC's github wrt migrating OpenRC to the
3 > meson build system [3].
4 >
5 > …
6 >
7 > What do folks think here?
10 I looked at Meson a bit, and I liked almost everything, except the
11 configuration file-based mechanism for cross-compiling. Has anyone
12 thought about how that will integrate with Portage, or more
13 specifically, with cross-emerge/emerge-wrapper, and the environment
14 variable-based mechanism used by other build systems?
17 ♫Dustin