From: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #14: security updates based on GLSA
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 06:11:32
1 On 22 Aug 2003 23:59:07 -0400
2 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hands down I fully support this and your efforts so far in gentoo.
5 >
6 > Also to go along with this GLEP I think we need to start talking about
7 > the need for a herd solely devoted to security related issues in
8 > gentoo linux. Not just a herd to be announced to -dev that does not
9 > have much use like say "mysql" or "net-irc" but something subnational
10 > with a set of predefined goals,guidelines,policies and procedures for
11 > achieving those goals. The GLEP is/was the right way to go/start with
12 > this. For the last week I've been trying to take a much more active
13 > interest in bugs that have been assigned to security@g.o in the
14 > bugzilla system but have felt a little misguided on who to talk to for
15 > a final resolution for a said bug. What I would like to help do is
16 > form a security herd for the sole purpose of
17 > closing/opening/researching security bugs for gentoo linux.
18 > Thus far it seems we have a security team of 1. I think/know aliz
19 > could use some help in this area. I think it would be ideal if we
20 > could back him up and elect/vote aliz to the the project manager for
21 > said herd.
22
23 According to http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/metastructure/projects.xml
24 there is a security subproject under the qa project, but noone assigned
25 to it (if the page is up2date). I agree that there should be more people
26 on it (same situation as with portage a few weeks ago).
27
28 Marius
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list