From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gcc 3.0.4 installed system
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 07:33:29
1 Hi all,
2
3 I finally installed 1.0 from scratch and decided to try it out with gcc
4 3.0.4 instead of 2.95.3. Along the way I encountered some problems, but
5 surprisingly little. I've fixed everything that needed fixing and sadly
6 some packages are backwards incompatible. For that reason and for the
7 ease of maintenance I've created a dedicated gcc 3 profile.
8
9 So, for those that want to try this out, just link the default-1.0-gcc3
10 profile instead of default-1.0 to /etc/make.profile. Note that this will
11 only work for installations from scratch and not for updates since
12 applications that link against libstdc++ v2 require the libraries of gcc
13 v2 and not gcc v3.
14
15 There are still some packages that don't compile such as galeon and
16 openjade, but these will be fixed in a matter of time since I need them
17 ;-) Feel free to submit fixes too.
18
19 Best regards,
20
21 Geert Bevin
22 --
23 Geert Bevin Uwyn
24 "Use what you need" Lambermontlaan 148
25 http://www.uwyn.com 1030 Brussels
26 gbevin@××××.com Tel & Fax +32 2 245 41 06