From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: cdrtools license issues
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:46:25
1 On Friday 01 September 2006 15:45, Luis Medinas wrote:
2 > I'm sure that situation will be fixed by the upstream (Jörg) since it
3 > violates GPL license. About the debian fork we will take a look at it
4 > and see where's going.
5
6 Read the Debian bug. Jörg Schilling is badmouthing Debian developers and tells
7 everyone that they should _believe_him_ that the CDDL is compatible with the
8 GPL, while no one else thinks so. It is unlikely that the overly
9 self-convinced Jörg Schilling will change his mind. I'd be surprised, if the
10 situation will be fixed upstream.
13 Carsten