From: Kevin Gordon <kgordon@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-1.0 rc4 pre2 on cd
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 01:47:52
1 I have successfully used my cd containing gentoo-1.0 rc4 pre2 on my computer
2 with 256Mb RAM and progressed into downloading applications on the net via
3 portage. When I try to use the same cd on a second computer with 128 Mb RAM
4 :
5 #tar xjvf /mnt/distcd/packages/sys.tbz2 -C /mnt/gentoo
6 the computer completely locks up (at various stages - one at which I think
7 was almost finished).
8 So I tried:
9 #mkdir /mnt/gentoo/windows
10 #mount -t vfat /dev/hdb7 /mnt/gentoo/windows
11 #tar xjvf /mnt/gentoo/windows/sys.tbz2 -C /nmt/gentoo
12 ERROR segmentation fault.
13 I have also installed the cd drive that wrote the above gentoo cd but no
14 success.
15 Any suggestions please?
16 Kevin