From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE compile error, wrong dir in portage tree?
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 15:46:36
1 Christian Hergl wrote:
2 >
3 > Greetings, developers.
4 >
5 > I have a little fuzz with comiling the kde-2.1.1-r1 from the recent
6 > portage tree. The whole thing stops with:
7 >
8 > ...
9 > libtool: link: Cannot find the library '/usr'lib/libGL.la'
10 > make [3]: ***[kmorph3d.kss] Error 1
11 > make [3]: Leaving directory
12 > '/tmp/portage/kdebase-2.1.1-r1/work/kdebase-2.1.1/kscreensaver'
13 > ...
14 >
15 > I used the whole emerge thingy, the previous packages installes and
16 > compiled all fine, it seems. Never heard of the libGL.la, nor found
17 > anyting on the net about it. I do have a libGL.a though. Is that the
18 > same? Would a ln -s help in that matter (shot in the blue)?
19 >
20 this sounds like you have installed mesa-glu-3.5. this version does not
21 work with alot of
22 packages atm and it's blocked.
23
24 > Btw, did a recent update of my portage tree 2 days ago, it seems that
25 > somehow the /usr/portage/distfiles got changed into /usr/portage/files.
26 > But the variable in the make.globals (i believe) is still set to
27 > distfiles. So I changed that manually back in my tree. Anyone noticed?
28
29 weird, I will take a look
30 >
31 > Btw, I'm one of the laptop installers (one of the few?). Running it on
32 > the Sony Vaio PCG-N505X, with USB floppy and PCMCIA CDROM. What a pain
33 > to install, coz the bootdisk does not recognize the floppy and I got
34 > trapped with no floppy available. The CDrom is not better, as at that
35 > time no CD Image of Gentoo was available. but it's up and running (after
36 > about 3 times of total corruption of the ReiserFS by Kernel 2.4.5, thank
37 > you. But got quicker with the whole gentoo installs by doing it several
38 > times ;)
39 > I heard that using the PCMCIA you should use the yenta_socket, not the
40 > i85xxx driver, coz that one is supposed to be buggy. Any confirmations?
41 > Yenta works nicely for me there.
42 > Uhm, with a recent dhcp I wasn't able to get up the inet with an ok,
43 > renaming inet.dhcp_eth0 into inet.eth0 solved that somehow. Dunno what
44 > goes wrong there.
45 > Oh ja, I hope dhclient is now included in RC5 ;)
46
47 we include dhcpcd by default
48 > Puh, gcc3.0 was no go for me, as it even didn't compile the kenrel!
49 > Kernel guys know and AC sez, that it works with 2.4.6pre5 and later. Doh =)
50 > Xfree4.1.0 compiled after changing the gcc variable to -mpentiumpro only
51 > (read: erasing the -march=pentiumpro thingy).
52 > Still missing the alsa drivers, the linux extras didn't install with me,
53 > so I grabbed the sources from alsa-project.org and compiled well. Now
54 > going for the modules entries in that case =P
55 >
56 make sure you have "alsa" in your USE variable then you get the alsa
57 modules.
58 If that does not work please log the linux-extras compilation and post
59 it here.
60
61 bye achim~
62
63 > That's all I can rememer right off. Compiles take dreadfull long on that
64 > Celeron 333 laptop....
65 >
66 > But it's a fun distribution,
67 > bye,