From: Christian Hergl <weehawk@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] KDE compile error, wrong dir in portage tree?
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 08:10:02
1 Greetings, developers.
2
3 I have a little fuzz with comiling the kde-2.1.1-r1 from the recent
4 portage tree. The whole thing stops with:
5
6 ...
7 libtool: link: Cannot find the library '/usr'lib/libGL.la'
8 make [3]: ***[kmorph3d.kss] Error 1
9 make [3]: Leaving directory
10 '/tmp/portage/kdebase-2.1.1-r1/work/kdebase-2.1.1/kscreensaver'
11 ...
12
13 I used the whole emerge thingy, the previous packages installes and
14 compiled all fine, it seems. Never heard of the libGL.la, nor found
15 anyting on the net about it. I do have a libGL.a though. Is that the
16 same? Would a ln -s help in that matter (shot in the blue)?
17
18 Btw, did a recent update of my portage tree 2 days ago, it seems that
19 somehow the /usr/portage/distfiles got changed into /usr/portage/files.
20 But the variable in the make.globals (i believe) is still set to
21 distfiles. So I changed that manually back in my tree. Anyone noticed?
22
23 Btw, I'm one of the laptop installers (one of the few?). Running it on
24 the Sony Vaio PCG-N505X, with USB floppy and PCMCIA CDROM. What a pain
25 to install, coz the bootdisk does not recognize the floppy and I got
26 trapped with no floppy available. The CDrom is not better, as at that
27 time no CD Image of Gentoo was available. but it's up and running (after
28 about 3 times of total corruption of the ReiserFS by Kernel 2.4.5, thank
29 you. But got quicker with the whole gentoo installs by doing it several
30 times ;)
31 I heard that using the PCMCIA you should use the yenta_socket, not the
32 i85xxx driver, coz that one is supposed to be buggy. Any confirmations?
33 Yenta works nicely for me there.
34 Uhm, with a recent dhcp I wasn't able to get up the inet with an ok,
35 renaming inet.dhcp_eth0 into inet.eth0 solved that somehow. Dunno what
36 goes wrong there.
37 Oh ja, I hope dhclient is now included in RC5 ;)
38 Puh, gcc3.0 was no go for me, as it even didn't compile the kenrel!
39 Kernel guys know and AC sez, that it works with 2.4.6pre5 and later. Doh =)
40 Xfree4.1.0 compiled after changing the gcc variable to -mpentiumpro only
41 (read: erasing the -march=pentiumpro thingy).
42 Still missing the alsa drivers, the linux extras didn't install with me,
43 so I grabbed the sources from alsa-project.org and compiled well. Now
44 going for the modules entries in that case =P
45
46 That's all I can rememer right off. Compiles take dreadfull long on that
47 Celeron 333 laptop....
48
49 But it's a fun distribution,
50 bye,