From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] afterstep herd is empty
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 17:57:06
1 On 09/10/13 20:42, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > El mié, 09-10-2013 a las 20:34 +0300, Samuli Suominen escribió:
3 > [...]
4 >>> Will proceed to move its packages to maintainer-needed in a week if it
5 >>> keeps being empty then
6 >>
7 >> Move the x11-wm/afterstep package to desktop-wm@ and x11-plugins/ ones
8 >> to desktop-dock@
9 >> Ditto for net-mail/asmail which is a dock, so desktop-dock@
12 >> Only package from afterstep herd that should/could go to m-needed@ is
13 >> the libafterimage package itself.
14 >> But because only package using it in Portage is sci-physics/root, you
15 >> might consider asking it's maintainer, bircoph
19 > Is desktop-wm really active on maintaining all the stuff they had under
20 > their umbrella? I remember to need to go ahead with some pending icewm
21 > problems some days ago :/
25 I meant that for long as desktop-wm@ herd is there, it should be used
26
27 But you have a very good point, the desktop-wm@ herd has been quiet for
28 years and it's one of those herds that doesn't make sense because no
29 maintainer can run all of the WMs the herd pretends to maintain
30 So I would go for removing the herd altogether, WMs should have
31 individual maintainers