From: Svyatogor <svyatogor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No XFree86 w/ new license
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:34:47
1 The question I'm gonna ask might sound dumb, but still.
2 I went other various discussions, read the new XFree license a lot of
3 times and still do not get what is the problem with it?
4
5 Escpet for point 3 (which is not a big issue, is it?) the rest of the
6 license is very simmilar, if not identicale, to BSD.
7
8 Could someone plz point me to those words in new version which cause all
9 the troubles?
10
11 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
12 > We won't be adding versions of XFree86 with the 1.1 license [1] to the
13 > tree, so don't be surprised when 4.3.99.903 doesn't show up with the new
14 > license.
15
16 Wkr,
17 --