From: Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Cc: voegelas@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: All Developers!
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:25:50
1 >> I think we can do this by supplying a emacs/vi-mode for editing
2 >> ebuilds. Those modes should be strict and force the developer to do
3 >> it right.
4 >
5 > Hm, it's easier to base the ebuild mode on Emacsen's sh-mode than to
6 > write a new mode from scratch. But sh-mode doesn't allow tabs at the
7 > end of lines; and I don't know if it is possible to change the mode's
8 > behaviour easily.
9
10 Just to chime in here, I know vim supports modelines that determine the
11 behavior for a specific file (eg, "vim: tw=78:" or soemthing like that to
12 set the text width of that file to 78), and IIRC Emacs supports similar
13 modelines.....is this an option at all? You would have to provide a
14 template file for people to use for contributed ebuilds....or you could
15 have a lil script that would add the lines when they were not
16 present....but, I thought I'd mention it in case nobody considered it.
17
18 -Tom