From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever.fta@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 11:06:26
1 2009-03-08 10:43:44 Tiziano Müller napisał(a):
2 > Am Sonntag, den 08.03.2009, 00:08 -0800 schrieb Josh Saddler:
3 > > Tiziano Müller wrote:
4 > > > Hi everyone
5 > > >
6 > > > With eapis 1 and 2 we introduced nice features but also a couple of new
7 > > > problems. One of them are the use dependencies when the package you
8 > > > depend on doesn't have the use flag anymore (see [1] for an example).
9 > > >
10 > > > So I think it's time for a short eapi bump with some distinct
11 > > > improvements:
12 > > >
13 > > > http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pPAJXP6shYH78lCXeqRqCUQ
14 > >
15 > > Is there a reason why we should ram through a new EAPI for something
16 > > that *looks* like another "Paludis supports this so let's make it a
17 > > Portage standard" proposal?
18 > Ok, first it's not about paludis,portage,pkgcore,whatever but about the
19 > ebuild-format. Paludis also fails if you have DEPEND="cat/foo[moo]" in
20 > bar-0.1.ebuild but cat/foo doesn't have a "moo" USE flag.
21 >
22 > So, please let's focus on the problems we have and try to find a
23 > solution. Please fill in the blanks in the table if you know how portage
24 > has it implemented.
25 >
26 > And I used the word "fast" because people start to use use-dependencies
27 > on a larger scale leading to more problems like the one I described in
28 > the example. In fact, you could already say that for git the dep-tree is
29 > broken because newer subversion doesn't carry the "dso" USE flag
30 > anymore.
31
32 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/dev-util/subversion/subversion-1.5.5.ebuild?view=markup
33 contains:
34 IUSE="apache2 berkdb debug doc +dso emacs extras java nls perl python ruby sasl vim-syntax +webdav-neon webdav-serf"
35 ^^^
36
37 (Subversion 1.6.* also has "dso" USE flag.)
40 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis