From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:53:42
1 On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 07:15:04PM -0400 or thereabouts, John Davis wrote:
2 > I strongly abject to picking an arbitrary cut off though (33%). I would
3 > rather that we use some sort of statistical analysis (simple central
4 > tendency measures will work). The process is much more scientific, and
5 > it ensures that our sampling population is represented fairly.
6
7 I don't care if we pick an arbitrary number or fire up a copy of matlab and
8 go to town. (though personally, I think we need to be careful about making
9 this more difficult or involved than it needs to be.) The two important
10 points in my mind are:
11
12 * The criteria that we're going to use need to be stated up front, as part
13 of the GLEP
14 * The criteria need to be very clear-cut so there's no arguing down the
15 road about whether the service should continue.
16
17 Overall, I think the GLEP is solid and it's something that I personally
18 support, as long as we can include objective, measurable criteria for
19 success.
20
21 --kurt